The South African city of Johannesburg also known as Jozi or Jo’burg or the City of Gold is among the biggest in the Rainbow nation. The city of Jo’burg has an area size of 1,645 km² with a population of 957,441 people according to the 2011 National Census data but what makes it stand out in Mzansi may not be just its sheer size. Besides the area size and population, Johannesburg is the best city in Africa for a number of other reasons.
The city is home to awesome and amazing romantic tourist sites and places one (or a couple) can visit to create fun memories. Also worthy of notable mention is the fact that the people are welcoming and the weather is conducive as well. The environment is also safe for anyone and a nice place for couples who want to have a memorable honeymoon or vacation to visit and spend time with each other.
If you have had a long year and you are thinking of a vacation, you would do yourself a world of good if you think Johannesburg. You would benefit from the amazing ambiance of the city, the great atmosphere, affectionate people, and the historical and cultural experiences you would get from your visit. On the other hand, couples would enjoy amazing moments filled with so much fun and excitement.
Fun And Romantic Things Adults Can Do In Johannesburg
Johannesburg is one of the cities in South Africa that tourists would consider when planning a vacation in the country – whether as a single adult or a couple. There are a good number of fun-filled things that tourists can do to have a wonderful and memorable time in Johannesburg. To help you maximize your time in the ‘City of Gold’ in the most affordable way, we have prepared a detailed list of 20 fun romantic things adults can do in Johannesburg.
1. Visit The Popular Saturday Market: Neighbour Goods Market
- Location: 73 Juta Street, Johannesburg, 2000
- Website: http://www.neighbourgoodsmarket.co.za/
- Phone: 011 403 0413
- Instagram: @neighbourgoodsmarket
- Visiting time: 9 am – 3 pm every Saturday
The Johannesburg Neighborhood Goods Market tops our list of fun and romantic things adults/couples can do in Johannesburg for a good reason. It’s one of the most interesting and fun-filled places to enjoy a “brunch” in Johannesburg. There are a good number of top chefs waiting to serve you some of the best dishes you can find around.
Aside from the fact that they make some of the most delicious South African and international cuisines at the Neighborhood Goods Market, you can also pick up some really nice things from friendly retailers at the market at affordable prices. Items you can buy there include pure honey, fabrics, choice wines, etc.
Even if you do not intend to buy brunch or goods, touring through the crowded market is also very fun to do. You could also be a guest at one of the carnivals that may be ongoing at the time you visit the market. There are a lot of things you can feed your eyes on.
- Some of the best Mexican and Chinese meals you can get in South African are sold at this market.
- You can get some of the best clothes and fabrics made by very good designers here too.
- Neighborhood Goods Market opens only on Saturdays.
2. Go Ice Skating At Northgate Ice Rink
- Location: Northgate Shopping Centre, Northumberland Avenue, North Riding, Johannesburg, 2162
- Contact details: 011 794 8706
- Visiting time: Fridays and Saturdays 9:30 am – 10 pm; Mondays to Sundays 9:30 am – 4:30 pm; 7:30 pm – 10 pm
Not all African countries have ice rinks, so whenever you are in Johannesburg, take advantage of the time to visit the Northgate Ice Rink. Skating at the Northgate ice rink can be a romantic thing for couples to do in Johannesburg, as they can hold hands, hug and have intimate discussions while on the move.
A few hours at the Northgate skating rink whenever you visit Johannesburg is capable of giving you enough good memories to keep about Johannesburg.
- You can also enroll in skating lessons at Northgate Ice Rink.
- Each skating session lasts for two hours, giving you and your partner enough time to have fun.
- The Northgate Ice Rink has an entrance fee of R80.
- You can also hire skates for just R35.
3. Take A View From The Top Of The Second Tallest Building In Africa
- Location: Carlton Centre, 150 Commissioner St, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2000, South Africa
- Contact details: 011 308 1331
- Visiting time: 7:30 am – 5 pm (Monday to Fridays) and 8 am – 5 pm (Saturdays)
With 50-storeys from the ground, The Carlton Centre is the second tallest building in Africa, after The Leonardo. Going for a date at the top of the Carton Centre can be a very romantic thing for couples. Standing at the top of the tallest building in the area gives you a great and awesome view of everything around you. And the fear of looking down alone is something you will always remember months after the experience.
Pictures or videos you take at the top of the building will absolutely look amazing to post on social media and can also be used as a wall decoration in your home when printed out. And just like the ice rink, proposing to your spouse on the second tallest building in Africa will also be a great idea.
- The entrance fee into the building is as cheap as R30 for adults and free for children.
- The top of the building is called Carlton Panorama, also known as “Top of Africa”.
- A 5-star hotel known as the 30-storey Carlton Hotel is also located in the building.
- The Carlton Centre does not open for visitors on Sundays.
4. Visit Johannesburg Art Gallery
- Location: Cnr Klein and King George Streets, Joubert Park, Johannesburg 2044, South Africa
- Contact details: +27-117253130
- Visiting time: 10 am – 5 pm (Mondays to Sundays)
If you are a lover of art, then you should not visit Johannesburg without spending time at the Johannesburg Art Gallery. It gives you (and your partner) the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of art, and getting to know the story behind some of the amazing pieces of art in the gallery can reignite the love you have for each other.
The art exhibition in the Johannesburg Art Gallery is a collection of beautiful art pieces that expresses the desire or feelings of some of the best artists in the world. Even if you are not a lover of arts, you will surely appreciate the works of craft after a visit to the art gallery.
- The Johannesburg Art Gallery is the largest art gallery in Africa.
- The initial collection of art in the gallery was put together by an Irish art dealer and gallery director named Sir Hugh Percy Lane.
- The collection was first exhibited in London before it was brought down to South Africa.
- Artwork from renowned artists like Pablo Picasso, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, Camille Pissarro, and a host of others can be found in the gallery.
- It would cost you R50 to gain entry into the gallery.
5. Take A Tour Around Multiflora Flower Market
- Location: Multiflora Road, City Deep
- Contact details: 0116134011
- Visiting time: 8 am – 4 pm (Mondays to Fridays); 8 am – 2 pm (Saturdays)
Flowers and romance cannot be totally separated and adults, especially those in love can have a very romantic and interesting time at the Multiflora Flower Market. Taking your partner to one of the largest flower markets in Johannesburg where a wide array of flowers will be displayed for sale is a great way to know the kind of flowers he or she likes which saves you the stress of guessing when you want to gift your partner flowers.
The beautiful scent that comes from the different species of flowers in the market stalls is enough to spark up a romantic feeling in the atmosphere for lovers. This is definitely a romantic thing to do with your partner in Johannesburg.
- Entrance into the market is totally free.
- You can choose from over 600 friendly flower vendors available in the market.
- There are gift shops too where you can pick up some gifts.
- There are also coffee and small chop stores where you can stop for a bite.
6. Get A Meal At Pata Pata
- Location: 286 Fox Street, Jeppestown, Johannesburg, 2094
- Contact details: 073 036 9031
- Visiting time: 8 am – 11 pm (Mondays to Sundays)
One thing that can give you a long-lasting memory when you visit a new place is their food. And the Pata Pata Restaurant is a perfect place for couples to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner whenever they visit Johannesburg. If you are a lover of South African dishes, then it is just the right place for you.
Aside from the delicious meals you find in the Pata Pata, you and your partner can also enjoy some cool south African music while eating. If you are someone who finds it difficult to start up conversations, then having a first date at Pata Pata Restuarant will really be a great idea for you because there are a lot of things happening around that would help you kick start a conversation – from the food to the music, the serene environment, and even the very polite waiters/waitress.
- An average main course meal at the Papa Pata Restaurant costs R120.
- The restaurant was named after one of the late South African singers, Miriam Makeba’s songs.
- They have top-notch customer service.
7. Watch A Movie At Bioscope Independent Cinema
- Location: 44 Stanley Avenue, Braamfontein Werf, Johannesburg
- Contact details: email@example.com
You may be wondering what makes the Bioscope Independent Cinema stand out from all other cinemas in Johannesburg. Well, it’s simply because their organization and achievements speak volumes. There is a reason the cinema has “Independent” attached to its name – because it is not like the regular commercial cinemas you find around.
Apart from going there to watch movies, couples can also spend some time there to enjoy other live events such as stand-up comedy shows, improv comedy, live music, and special talk. Bioscope Independent Cinema also holds unique events that they are popularly known for like DumplingBox Cinema, anniversary screenings, Ugly Cry Night, Sing-Alongs, and many more – which makes it a perfect place for a couple to hang out.
You can sign up for their mailing list on their official website so that you will be notified whenever there is a show to attend. You can also contact them whenever you get to Johannesburg to know if there will be a special show or movie premiere happening while you are in the city. You can purchase some delicious pizza before going into the cinema hall.
- Bioscope Independent Cinema has been an independent cinema for over 10 years.
- They show majorly documentaries, South African movies, and major international trending movies.
- You can buy tickets at the Bioscope Independent Cinema for as low as R70.
- Before going to the cinema, you can visit their website to pick a movie and read an overview of what to expect in the movie.
- You can even set reminders for a movie that will be shown at a future date and time on their website.
- You can also hire the cinema for events.
8. Take A Tour Around James Hall Museum Of Transport
- Location: Pioneers’ Park, 193 Rosettenville Road, La Rochelle
- Contact details: +27 (0) 11 435-9485/6/7 or +27 (0) 11 435-9821
- Visiting time: 9 am – 5 pm (Sundays to Saturdays except on Mondays)
Another fun and romantic thing adults/couples can do in Johannesburg would be visiting the James Hall Museum of Transport. Learning about the history of road transport in South Africa and Africa as a whole can be pretty boring, stressful and leaves you with a lot to digest. but visiting the Museum of Transport makes learning about history easier. It could even be more interesting when you visit with a loved one.
Taking pictures with vehicle collections from over 100 years ago will be so amazing. The way the vehicles have been preserved and kept for public learning, and amusement can also be an inspiration to couples to preserve their relationship so well that it becomes a source of admiration to those that may be looking up to you.
Couples with children who want a romantic getaway but do not want to leave the children should be the first to consider the James Hall Museum of Transport because aside from having awesome collections that adults will love, they also have something to amuse the kids.
Families and friends can also make use of picnic space for a little get-together and time to bond. There are also gift shops around where you can purchase something for your loved ones.
- James Hall Museum of Transport is the biggest land transport museum in Africa.
- You can find land transport vehicles from 400 years ago at the museum.
- The museum is accessible to the disabled as there are wheelchairs available on entry.
- Entrance into the museum is 100% free, but donations are accepted.
- The museum is closed every Monday.
9. Visit Saddle Creek Ranch Farm
- Location: Farm HH24, Hartebeesfontein Road, Hekpoort, 1791
- Contact details: +27 79 467 9906, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting time: 08:30 am – 4:30 pm (Mondays to Sundays) 08:30am – 4 pm (Sundays)
One of the most amazing places to visit in Johannesburg for couples who want a romantic getaway but still want to build team spirit and enjoy nature is the Saddle Creek Ranch. Couples can have a romantic time riding together on a horse. They could also have archery challenges to see who has better aiming skills.
Quad biking, Co-Karting, and scenic helicopter are some of the other activities you and your partner can have fun doing. If you want more fun, adventure, and excitement, you should also try out the hot air balloon safari. After all these adventures and fun, you and your partner can cool off at the picnic space where you can also grab a meal. If you intend to come along with your own picnic stuff, then you should visit their official website or place a call to know what is allowed and how much it may cost you.
Also, couples who want to take their children along should consider the Saddle Creek Ranch farm because they have fun activities for children as well.
- Saddle Creek Ranch farm also offers spa treatment.
- You can book a private champagne bushveld picnic for R310 per adult and R180 for children under 12.
- Visitors can book a photography session of three hours for just R980.
10. Grab A Drink At Kitchener’s Carvery Bar
- Location: 71 Juta St, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2000, South Africa
- Contact details: +27 11 403 0166
- Visiting time: 12 pm – 12 am (Mondays to Sundays)
Kitchener’s Carvery Bar prides itself as the sexiest bar in Johannesburg since 1906. After visiting some of the most amazing and romantic places in the daytime, you can call it a wrap for the day by attending one of the legendary parties at Kitcheners’. If you are not the night party type, then you can also visit during the day to grab a cold bottle of drink.
While sipping your drink, you also enjoy the luxury of listening to fine music. Kitchener’s understand that different people enjoy different kinds of music, so they made it possible that the music played at the bar accommodates everybody. Wednesdays and Thursdays are for soul and old school music, while Friday, which is the beginning of ‘the weekend’ is for disco music.
- Kitchener’s Calvert Bar is over 100 years old.
- The bar can accommodate up to 400 people at a time.
- Some of the best DJs in the town like Jazzuelle, Themba, and DJ Okapi perform at the club.
11. StarGaze at Witz Planetarium
- Location: Wits Planetarium University of the Witwatersrand, Yale Road, East Campus BRAAMFONTEIN 2001
- Contact details: Wits Planetarium P O Box 31149 BRAAMFONTEIN 2017; +27 11 717 1390
- Visiting time: Opens 10 am every day except Sundays
Have you and your partner ever imagined what the planetary bodies look like from a closer view? Well, you do not need to envisage it any longer as you can get a closer view of the stars together whenever you visit Johannesburg. All you need to do is add the Witz Planetarium to the list of places you would visit. You and your partner do not have to wait till the evenings to come out to gaze at the stars and whisper sweet words to each other. You can now do that at any time of the day at a very affordable price.
In order to avoid disappointment, while preparing to visit the Witz Planetarium, be sure to go with an ID card to avoid being turned back at the gate. And create some allowance in your time schedule for the time it may take you to scan your passport at the entrance.
There are also shows to keep children busy while couples have a good time together.
- Visitors can ‘space travel’ for just R40.
- Adults pay an entrance fee of R55 while children can enter for R40.
- Only 50 tickets are available per show and the showtime is communicated pending confirmation by the show presenter.
12. Have A Picnic At Zoo Lake
- Location: Corner Jan Smuts Avenue and West World Street, Parkview
- Contact details: +27 82 887 1469
- P .O. Box: 786031 Sandton Johannesburg Gauteng 2146 za
- Visiting Time: 24 hours (Mondays to Sundays)
A picnic at the Zoo Lake is just a perfect thing to do for couples who love to enjoy the beauty of nature that your eyes can behold without any equipment or instrument. It is one of the most popular lakes in Johannesburg and is located opposite a zoo. While having an awesome picnic with your partner, you can enjoy the beauty of nature and have a tour around to see the beautiful wild but tamed animals, feed the ducks, and even enjoy canoe rides.
If you lodge around the lake, you and your partner can always come around to have a walk, talk about intimate things, and just enjoy the beauty of nature and each other’s presence without disturbance. The lake which is artificial gets its source from the water that passes through the zoo.
One notable fact is that the water in the lake is already polluted and as such, it is not good for swimming. However, to remedy the situation, the lake has a separate swimming pool where couples who want to have a swim can have a romantic and cool time together.
To have a more fun-filled day, book a picnic time of more than an hour to avoid your fun time being cut short.
- As mentioned above, the Zoo Lake is an artificial lake.
- It has a Coronation Fountain, a “musical fountain” and a Johannesburg heritage symbol, which was built to mark the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.
- Fun events like the Annual Jazz Festival and others are hosted at the Zoo Lake.
- The entrance fee to explore the lake is R10 per hour for an adult and R7.50 per hour for a child who is under the age of 15.
- You can enjoy a canoe ride for a fee of just R50.
13. Grab A Bite At Crumbs & Cream
- Location: Illovo Junction, cnr Oxford Road & Corlett Drive, Johannesburg
- Contact details: 0768125307
- Visiting time: 11 am – 11 pm (Mondays to Sundays)
For couples who have a sweet tooth, there is no better place to have something really sweet than at Crumbs & Cream. You can get everything sweet, from candies to ice cream, brownies gelato, cookies, and even cakes. As the name implies, every bite from whatever you get there leaves you asking for more until you have eaten even the crumbs.
Sweet and sugary things are known to put people in really happy and active moods. So, in the afternoon, when the day is getting hot and you are exhausted from the day’s activities, you can put yourself back in a high and happy mood without having to take alcohol. All you have to do is stop at Crumbs & Cream for a delightful bite with your partner.
- At Crumbs & Cream, you can get sugar-free ice cream and vegan ice cream to satisfy those who love eating healthy.
- Crumbs & Cream was started by sisters as a tuk-tuk truck service.
- You can buy an ice cream sandwich for just R38.
- You can also buy toppings and spreads for just R5 each.
14. Visit Orlando Towers
- Location: Orlando Towers, Chris Hani Road, Klipspruit 318, Soweto, 1809, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Contact details: +27 (0)11 312-0450
- Visiting time: Friday to Sunday from 10 am to sunset
Visiting the twin Orlando Towers would be a fun and romantic thing adults/couples can do in Johannesburg. From being two big cooling towers of a power station that served Johannesburg for more than 50 years, Orlando Towers has become two big and colorful towers that serve as a site for adventures and fun. Couples can engage in fun activities like rock climbing, pendulum swinging, and zip-lining at the site of the Orlando Towers.
Climbing rocks with your partner can be a great way to build team spirit and beautiful memories. Of all the activities you can do at the Orlando Towers, the most prominent of all remains the Bungee jump between the two towers, and it is open to those who weigh from 35kg to 115kg. It is something couples should try out because the laughter and fun they will share while jumping is not something they can’t forget anytime soon.
After hours of having fun, you will definitely need to grab a bite and you can do this at Chaf Pozi a restaurant that sells local dishes to suit the preference of everyone, including vegetarians. While eating, you and your partner can reminiscence on the fun time you just shared.
- Each tower (of the Orlando Twin Towers) is 33-storey high which makes bungee jumping a fun thing to do.
- Each activity has a required fee.
- The Orlando Towers was originally built as a coal-fired power station which took 20 years to build.
15. Take A Tour At The Walter Sisulu Botanical Garden
- Location: Malcolm Road, Poortview, Roodepoort
- Contact details: +27(0)86 100 1278
- Visiting time: 8 am – 5 pm (Mondays to Sundays)
A tour at The Walter Sisulu botanical garden is another amazing thing couples do to spend a romantic time with each other and create awesome memories. Learning about nature and science can be a bit of a headache, but not when you do it in a romantic way with your partner by your side. The botanical garden has a wide array of plants and animals you would absolutely want to see.
The garden has beautiful waterfalls where couples can take really beautiful pictures, a beautiful garden full of different colors of flowers, and bamboo houses where you can sit and cool off. It is a really cool place for couples to tour around while whispering sweet things to each other.
- The Walter Sisulu Botanical Garden contributes to South Africa’s access to biodiversity data.
- Entrance to the garden is free for children under the age of six.
- Pensioners can come to the garden every Tuesday for free but will have to pay R65 any other day they choose to visit.
- Adults will have to pay an entrance fee of R65 while children in grades one to twelve will be charged R20.
- The Walter Sisulu Botanical Garden does not accept cash payment as its entrance fee.
16. Visit The Apartheid Museum
- Location: Northern Parkway & Gold Reef Road, Ormonde
- Contact details: +27113094700
- Visiting time: 9 am − 5 pm (Mondays to Sundays)
The Apartheid Museum is another great place where couples can visit while in Johannesburg, especially if one or both of them were born during that period. Touring the museum will bring back memories that you may like to share with each other. If neither of you was born during that period, visiting the Apartheid Museum will bring all the stories you heard about the time of racial segregation together and help it make more sense to you.
It is also a cool place for couples to visit because they can entertain themselves with the historical exhibits and learn more about South African apartheid history. There is no better fun-filled way to learn than doing it with your romantic partner by your side.
The museum contains images of South African heroes like Nelson Mandela, who fought for the end of racial segregation. It also contains information about race classification, violence, and images of the pain black South Africans had to go through.
Couples who do not want to leave their children out of their romantic getaway can also come along with them, as it would be a great time for some family bonding and history storytelling time.
- The SA Apartheid Museum contains everything about the heart of the apartheid and how it ended.
- The coronavirus pandemic saw the closure of the Apartheid Museum till further notice.
17. Take a Tour at The Constitution Hill Human Rights Precinct
- Location: 11 Kotze Road, Johannesburg
- Contact details: +27 11 381 3100
- Visiting time: 9 am to 5 pm (Mondays to Sundays)
Another place couples can visit in Johannesburg is The Constitution Hill Human Rights Precinct. Aside from the Apartheid Museum, The Constitution Hill is another place that tells so much of the history of South Africa – the journey from colonialism to apartheid, and then to democracy. It goes beyond displaying exhibits of the apartheid regime to tombs before the apartheid. The precinct speaks volumes of the suffering, pain, and victory of South Africans. It is the location where prisoners – men, women, and children – were held and killed.
All of these may not sound romantic, but going back to the past and sharing stories your heard or experienced with someone you love is totally worth the time. A trip to The Constitution Hill Human Rights Precinct can be a great time for couples to bond, and if you wish to take your children along, it is also a place that allows that.
- A visit to The Constitution Hill Human Rights Precinct is an awesome way to travel back in time without leaving the present.
- The Constitution Hill precinct provides free WiFi for visitors
- You are allowed to take pictures and visitors are encouraged to use the hashtags #visitconhill, #iamconstitution, and #thehistoryofourfuture when posting pictures on social media.
- Smoking is highly prohibited on the premises of the Constitutional Hill Precinct.
18. Visit The Hector Pieterson Museum
- Location: 8287 Khumalo Rd, Orlando West, Johannesburg, 1804, South Africa
- Contact details: +27 11 536 0611
- Visiting time: 10 am to 5 pm (Mondays to Sundays)
The Apartheid was a major event and time in the history of South Africa, so it should not come as a surprise when you see a lot of museums built to remember those dark times. The Hector Pieterson Memorial Museum was named after Hector Pieterson, a South African schoolboy who was shot and killed when the police opened fire on protesting black students during the Soweto uprising. The museum was built a few blocks away from the place where he was murdered.
It’s cool for lovers to visit this museum to reflect on and learn about South Africa’s past and the pain they went through. Most importantly, what should inspire couples more to visit this place is the victory and joy that the sad story ends with – how heroes and brave men stood to fight for freedom. It’s capable of inspiring lovers to learn to fight for what is worth fighting for – like their relationship.
- The Hector Pieterson Memorial Museum was built about two decades ago.
- It is close to Mandela House – Nelson Mandela’s former home where he lived with his family.
- The museum cost R23.2 million.
19. Take A Trip To The African Craft Market of Rosebank
- Location: Cradock Avenue, next to Europa
- Contact details: (011) 568 0850
- Visiting time: 9 am – 6:30 pm (Mondays to Thursdays); 9 am – 7 pm (Fridays); 9 am – 5 pm (Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays)
Visiting the African Craft of Rosebank market is one of the romantic things couples can do in Johannesburg. The market is filled with beautiful handmade crafts from over five African countries, including Ghana and South Africa.
You can also purchase handbags, decor items, beadworks, and paintings at this market. Couples who love African fabrics and crafts will totally have their eyes filled and may end up being indecisive about what to buy and not to buy because everything is African and beautiful in the market.
For couples who are strictly on a budget but still want to have fun, the African Craft Market of Rosebank will still be a great place to go, because even if you do not buy anything, you have a lot of beautiful things to feed your eyes on. A visit can also help you know how best to make plans for what you will like to buy from the market the next time you visit.
- Every month, one of the traders in the market is given the title of “Trader of the Month”.
- You can purchase amazing gifts for your partner that they will love at the African Craft of Rosebank market.
20. Take A Tour Around The Wilds
- Location: Houghton Dr, Houghton Estate, Johannesburg, 2198, South Africa
- Contact details: +27 11 643 2313
- Visiting time: 6 am – 6 pm (Mondays to Sundays)
This fun spot in Jo’burg would not be on this list if not for the effort of some good-willed South Africans. There is no way one would have thought of a visit to the Wild Nature Park in Johannesburg before now as the park was restricted because of the criminal activities perpetrated in the area. However, it has become one of the fun and romantic places to be in Johannesburg, thanks to Yeoville resident, TJ de Klerk and local artist, James Delaney.
Visiting the Wild Nature Park is one of those things you should not fail to do when you visit the city, especially if you or your partner is a lover of nature.
The park offers a calm atmosphere where you and your partner can just feel free and be yourselves. It’s just the right place to take a walk in the cool evening while holding hands and talking to each other. Also, you will find a wide array of plant and animal species that you will love to take photographs of and with.
- The Wild Nature Park is a 16-hectares of a natural reserve.
- It used to be a no-go area as a result of criminal activities but with the help of TJ de Klerk and Delaney, it has been rejuvenated.
What Is The Best Time To Visit Johannesburg?
There are fun and romantic things to do in Johannesburg but there are also a lot of things one should consider before traveling to spend some time in the South African city. Some of those things may include your budget, the weather, etc. With these two factors in consideration, the best time to visit Johannesburg may be between May and November. This is because the weather is usually mild and dry around this time, and there is less crowd in the city because most holiday cruisers prefer to visit in December.
Meanwhile, some of the events and festivals you would love to attend are usually held in December, but you can still meet up with some festivals like Encounters Film Festival which happens in June.