The best restaurants in Pretoria now offer a whole lot more than just food. Having a conducive environment for you to relax and enjoy your meal is also one factor that distinguishes the best from the rest of the pack. We have identified 12 such restaurants in Pretoria, South Africa, where you will get absolute value for your money’s worth in terms of having a sumptuous meal, and enjoying a beautiful scenery to relax.
Pretoria is a very unique city, beautified with thousands of Jacaranda trees planted all around it and indeed it is one of the finest cities in South Africa. With many architectural structures, shopping malls, clubs, zoos, restaurants, water parks, it’s pure pleasure to live in, because it offers much more than you can imagine. Its great views such as breathtaking landscapes, glorious sunsets, and alluring scenery coupled with delicious meals from the finest restaurants in South Africa, makes Pretoria a fantastic place to pitch your tent.
With the information here, you should know where to find good delicacies and awesome restaurant service when you wish to visit a restaurant in Pretoria. In addition to the sumptuous meal you will have, you will also enjoy great views to make the experience a balanced one. So, next time you’re visiting a restaurant or café in Pretoria, make sure to pop in anc check out any of the 12 we have listed here to enjoy all the awesome experiences you deserve for eating out. It would be worth every penny you spend.
Top Restaurants in Pretoria that Serve Delicious Meals
1. De Kloof Restaurant
- Address: Waterkloof Golf Estate, Johan Rissik Drive, Eclipse Road, Pretoria, 0000 South Africa.
- Opening hours: Monday 18:00 – 21:00; Tuesday 12:00 – 21:00; Wednesday 12:00 – 21:00; Thursday 12:00 – 21:00; Friday 12:00 – 21:00; Saturday 12:00 – 21:00; Sunday 11:00 – 16:00
- Star Rating: 4.0
- View: Stunning and romantic view with warmer atmosphere and simple interiors.
- Highlights: Contemporary fine dining, unique menus with European-style cuisine, hospitality, and friendliness of the management.
- Unique fact: Won the South African restaurant award of the year 2013. The mission is to create a memorable dining experience for its customers.
Top on our list of fancy restaurants in Pretoria is De Kloof Restuarant cited on a modern space with a unique terrace in the Waterkloof Golf Estate. From the moment you drive into the vicinity, you will have this feeling that De Kloof restaurant is the ideal place to enjoy a sumptuous romantic meal. It won the award of the South African restaurant of the year in 2013 because of its unapologetic commitment to quality food and creative European-style cuisine. The beautiful view you’ll encounter on your way to the restaurant is captivating and breathtaking, giving you a feel of what to expect.
Warm hospitality, fantastic wine, and outlandish dishes are the unique quality of the restaurant. Dishes are prepared in line with classical European techniques. The management and chefs spend most of their time searching and sourcing the best suppliers to serve you better while maintaining the standard and quality of the restaurant.
If you’re looking for the finest and most versatile team in the country, then look no further than Executive Chef Leanne Roberts and her chefs, they work tenaciously to see that you have a change of menu weekly, to give you the best ingredients you’ll love. Also, to ensure your drinks are served at the right temperature, De Kloof uses Wine Station to preserve and dispense wines to offer the best taste to its clients.
2. The Blue Crane Restaurant & Bar
- Address: 156 Melk Street, New Muckleneuk Pretoria, 0181 South Africa.
- Opening hours: Monday-Thursday 08:00 – 16:00; Friday & Saturday 08:00 – 20:00; Sunday 08:00 – 16:00
- Star Rating: 4.0 of 5
- View: Situated in a small park, next to the Austin Roberts Bird Sanctuary with melodious songs from the birds.
- Highlights: Best venue for kitchen tea, bridal shower, graduation, and wedding reception.
- Unique fact: One of the fanciest in Pretoria. Training of staff is its topmost priority, to offer excellent services.
The Blue Crane Restaurant and Bar is pleasantly situated in the heart of Pretoria, in a small park with an amazing view. Its view is next to the Austin Roberts Bird Sanctuary, making it a place that welcomes you with the sweet melodious song of birds. If you’re very fond of nature, then you should visit the Blue Crane restaurant and bar, sitting on the deck overlooking the dam and birds, which gives you a great atmosphere to unwind. The new owners are detailed in their dealings with clients and have given more attention to the training of staff members. This feature is a contributing factor to its uniqueness.
The Blue Crane Restaurant and Bar is known to be one of the finest restaurants in Pretoria because it offers great exciting areas and ideas for both private and public functions. The dining area next to the fireplace, the branded coffee deli located on the outside of the deck, an extension of the restaurant, and the classy bar upstairs with its wooden deck, overlooking the dam and bird sanctuary provides a home away from home experience.
At the Blue Crane Restaurant and Bar, the staff and management are committed to giving you the best. They cater for all sorts of functions, be it kitchen tea, bridal shower, graduation, etc., its friendly staff members go the extra mile to give you the best treat, providing you with a tasty but expensive meal. The custom jungle gym specially designed for all young patrons adds to your awesome experience.
Another amazing fact about the restaurant, which is an additional benefit to you, is that a new urban farm has sprung up next to the Blue Crane. You can visit the Vila Food Shack for locally made organic fruit sources, flowers, and its produce. A selection of locally roasted coffees is also offered at the farm. Vila Food Shack opens from Wednesday to Sunday from 9 am to 4 pm. Enjoying coffee under the trees on a carpet of yellow blossoms; visiting the herb and vegetable garden, and shopping from its trendy container shop gives you an experience that is beyond the blues!
3. Hemingway’s Restaurant
- Address: Leriba Hotel, 245 End Avenue, Clubview Near Die Hoewes, Centurion, Die Hoewes Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa.
- Opening hours: Monday – closed; Tuesday to Friday 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm; Saturday 06:00 pm – 10:00 pm; Sunday – closed; Public holidays – 12:00 pm – 10: pm.
- Star Rating: 4.3 of 5
- View: A scintillating décor with amazing views and a perfect backdrop with a sun-drenched terrace.
- Highlights: Cozy, lights, delicious and amazing food with excellent chef service. Sumptuous meal and cocktail present at noon.
- Unique fact: It’s a part of the Leriba Hotel. Classical French café with a providential influence.
Hemingway’s restaurant is a part of the Leriba Hotel and a well-known a la carte restaurant. It is scintillatingly decorated with elegance and splendor. The restaurant offers an interesting atmosphere to enjoy a culinary adventure, with distinctiveness in South Africa. It’s known by all for its cozy, lights, delicious and amazing food, chef, and excellent services.
Several unique features make it one of the fanciest restaurants in Pretoria, South Africa. The ambiance reminds you of a classical French café with a Providential influence. The gardens provide a perfect backdrop with a sun-drenched terrace where you sit and enjoy a sumptuous meal or a cocktail at noon. The wines are carefully selected to offer a range of tastes and flavors to complement the detectable dishes on the menu.
Executive Chef, Natasha Conradie is committed to giving you excellent and mouth-watering menus and local fresh products, awakening all your senses. Food is cooked to enhance the appreciation of intense flavor grounded in French cooking techniques. Popular dishes you can enjoy include; chocolate mousse, potato mash, dessert, pork belly, starters, lamb, etc. All kinds of cuisines such as intercontinental, seafood, Mediterranean, pizza, contemporary, etc., are also offered to make your stay worthwhile.
4. Forti Grill and Bar
- Address: Time Square, International Casino c/o Aramist Avenue, and Corobay Avenue, Menlyn Maine, Pretoria, 0010 South Africa.
- Opening hours: Saturday to Thursday 12:00 am – 10:00 pm; Friday to Saturday 12:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Star Rating: 4.5 of 5
- View: Gorgeously decorated interior and exterior with modern artistic splendor, giving you an Eastern Pretoria view.
- Highlights: Boutique Wine Festival and Date Nights on Mondays and Tuesdays. Different categories of the menu with sumptuously prepared dishes.
- Unique fact: Painstakingly crafted menu with several years of experience, drawing inspiration from Italian heritage.
A gorgeously decorated interior and exterior, giving you an Eastern Pretoria view like no other. Located at the top of Times Square Casino in Menlyn, Forti grill and bar provides an insatiable quest for Italian delicacies. Looking for Italian, romantic dining, with a record of being one of the best in Pretoria and Gauteng, then look no further than Forti grill and bar. Above all, Forti makes you feel at home, this is one of his hallmarks.
Its contemporary décor gives a striking effect of modern artistic splendor, undoubtedly with a touch of excellence. Its two private dining areas are exclusively reserved for celebrations, private occasions, and business meetings. This is surely the best place for some families to hang out because the surroundings are family-friendly.
The Boutique Wine Festival and the Date Nights on Mondays and Tuesdays are options you can explore, all you need to do is pre-book. Its menu comes in different categories, business-specific menu, Halaal menu, and Food, Wine, and Cigar menu, are all available to make your experience memorable. The management of Forti Grill and Bar also provides lots of cocktail options for you, whiskies, and pages of premium spirits. The options are just endless!
Chef Fortunato has this for you: “Life should never be static or boring, and you can taste the passion and happiness in my food!” He brings in a magic touch to Time Square menus. A combination of the finest Italian dishes coupled with a dessert menu and decadent drinks is worth every penny. Chef Fortunato is the best Italian chef ready to serve you the Michelin Star-standard meal, prepared with the best quality products.
5. Tin Roof Cafe
- Address: Plot 198 Mooiplaats, Boschkop Road, Pretoria, 0041, South Africa.
- Opening hours: Monday & Tuesday – closed; Wednesday & Thursday – Dinner- 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm (kitchen closes at 9pm); Friday & Saturday – Lunch- 11:30 am to 4:00 pm (kitchen closes at 3pm); Dinner- 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm (kitchen closes at 9pm); Sunday – Lunch- 11:30 am to 4:30 pm (kitchen closes at 3pm)
- Star Rating: 4.5 of 5
- View: lovely garden views and a little pond, a warm and stunning ambiance.
- Highlights: Fresh produce uniquely crafted into wholesome dishes served by dedicated and passionate workers. Comfortable and conducive for family reunions.
- Unique fact: Tin Roof Café is away from the city home. Its atmosphere is cozy and warm.
Do you like enjoying an excellent meal with a wide variety of menus in a warm and stunning ambiance? Ever thought of dining in a delightful spot in Mooiplaats, Pretoria, with a bit of escape from city life? Then you should take a tour of Tin Roof Café.
Great atmosphere with a nice fireplace to keep you cozy and warm, with friendly waiters giving you all the attention you ever desire, you can’t ask for more. You could also walk over the lovely garden and view its splendor while cooling at the little pond.
The Tin Roof Café’s raison d’etre is to give you great pleasure through food. Fresh produce uniquely crafted into wholesome dishes, served by a dedicated and passionate team, makes it one of the fanciest restaurants in Pretoria. The team members ensure every customer has a culinary delight in an environment that warms your soul so that you feel welcomed, comfortable and part of the extended family.
At the Tin Roof Café, the kitchen is the seat of all affairs. Fitted with a traditional burning pizza oven made of wood and super mod-cons, here comes the inspiration of the team. Chef Pellie Grobler gladly leads the team in the kitchen to ensure your expectations are met and exceeded, and to ensure products meet the required demands. This dedicated team is all out to give you a befitting experience.
6. La Pentola
- Address: 5 Well Street, Rivera, Pretoria, 0048, South Africa.
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday 12:00 – 22:00; Sunday 12:00 – 20:00
- Star Rating: 4.5 of 5
- View: Natural elements made of thatch and wood forms the beautiful edifice of the restaurant.
- Highlights: the Mediterranean, French and Italian heritage, with South African flavors.
- Unique fact: Diners Club Platinum Award-winning wine list restaurant
La Pentola since 1995 specializes in international cuisine rooted in the Mediterranean, French and Italian heritage, with rich South African flavors. Its ingredients are freshly sourced from local South African farms to offer you a wide range of specialties, from salads to seafood, soup, meat dishes, tastefully prepared chicken and duck, etc. The authenticity of this restaurant can be evaluated when you have a taste of their golden butter, fresh herbs, real virgin olive oil, and thick farm cream.
Walking into the restaurant, you’ll feel its natural aura. Natural elements of thatch and wood form the beautiful edifice of the prestigious restaurant, creating a welcoming feel, making it an ideal place for family occasions, business functions, and corporate dinners. As a Diners Club Platinum Award-winning wine list restaurant, you can never be short of wine supply at La Pentola. There is an exclusive collection of liqueurs and cognacs and a relaxation time with cigars after dining.
Meet who’s cooking! Executive chef patron and founder, Shane Sauvage is proud to welcome you with mouth-watering starter delicacies, such as soups, seafood, meat dishes, poultry, salads, veal, and even cater for vegetarians. Shane, since the commencement of his restaurant in 1995, never ceases to offer his customers a wide range of specials while keeping them updated on new flavors and ideas. Cocktail reservation is equally open to you.
Interestingly, Shane is not just a chef in La Pentola, he’s also a consultant on restaurants and lodges throughout South Africa, teaching his cuisine style to many chef schools and universities in and out of the country.
- Address: 1121 Breed street, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa, 0182.
- Opening hours: Monday – Sunday 11:00 am – 09:00 pm
- Star Rating: 4.5 of 5
- View: Colorfully decorated with interiors and casual dining in a fascinating environment.
- Highlights: Creates a large loyal family of patrons. Lovers of prawns, bleu chicken, and medium steaks are welcomed.
- Unique fact: Established in 1995, its word of mouth and value for money is known to be the strongest advertisement, and the satisfaction of its customers is key to its establishment.
A Landmark in Pretoria for its meat dishes and seafood, Crawdaddy’s has created a large loyal family of patrons that keeps the restaurant beaming year in and out. Centrally positioned in the heart of Gauteng, Limpopo, and Mpumalanga, the restaurant is known to offer an extensive variety of dishes with exceptional quality.
Since its inception in 1995, Crawdaddy’s word of mouth and value for money is known to be its strongest advertisement, and satisfaction of customers is the key element in the establishment. These values make the restaurand stand out in Pretoria, as one of the best fine dining restaurants. Also, its menu is a combination of local Mediterranean, Portuguese and Thai cuisines.
Do you seek a restaurant to enjoy perfectly prepared prawns, bleu chicken, and medium steaks? Then you should come along with your soulmate to Crawdaddy’s restaurant. Also available for you is tasty Brulee dessert and crème Brulee, with lots of delicious wine (red and white), to step down into pleasure.
Crawdaddy’s is colorfully decorated with interiors offering great value and exaggerated feelings for casual dining in a fascinating environment, with a highly qualified and creative staff. Its three venues across the city (Brooklyn, Centurion, and Menlyn) are easily accessible to all. It is highly recommended you make bookings ahead of time, especially during weekends to avoid rush.
8. Pride of Indian Restaurant
- Address: 103 Club Avenue, Waterkloof Heights, Pretoria, Gauteng, 0181, South Africa.
- Opening hours: Monday (closed); Tuesday 10:30 am – 09:00 pm; Wednesday to Saturday 10:30 am – 10:00 pm; Sunday 11:00 am – 03:00 pm.
- Star Rating: 4.3 of 5
- View: Splendid atmosphere of terrific décor.
- Highlights: Cooks the best quality products with the finest Indian cuisine.
- Unique fact: One of the finest and most romantic Indian restaurants in Pretoria. Creative cuisine with a menu of more than 100 different dishes.
For lovers of Indian cuisine, welcome to the Pride of Indian restaurant, one of the few Indian Restaurants in Pretoria. Here your appetite for authentic Indian cuisine is given an awesome treat. Its several years of experience as the finest Indian cuisine Restaurant in Pretoria coupled with its splendid atmosphere of terrific décor makes it one of the fanciest in Pretoria. Be it a business meeting, lunch, Uber eats, wedding reception, or a romantic dinner for two, the Pride of Indian Restaurant hosts it all for you.
Cooking with the best quality products is one of the hallmarks of its management. The Pride of Indian Restaurant offers you a blend of traditional and creative cuisine with a menu of more than 100 different dishes. Vegetarians, chicken, and lamb dishes lovers are not also left out, subtly spiced flavors are added with great love and detailed attention during prep.
The wine list is vast. You’re offered a wide variety of selections, so you could find what suits your taste. Its service is fantastically great and the staff is accommodating and friendly. And a private dining option gives you the privacy you desire.
9. Skyline Rooftop Restaurant, Lounge, and Bar
- Address: 5th Floor, Protea Hotel by Marriott Loftus Park, 416 Kirkness Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0083, South Africa.
- Opening hours: Sunday to Thursday 11:00 – 23:30; Friday and Saturday 11:00 – 23:00
- Star Rating: 4.6 of 5
- View: Rooftop pool deck, Rooftop bar, Rooftop with a view towards the City, and Terrace with an amazing view.
- Highlights: Has a variety of different menus, restructured to accommodate your taste and preference.
- Unique fact: Magnificently seated on the rooftop of the new Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Park, with an amazing view of the Pretoria Skyline.
Looking for a place that’ll take you to the sky and back? Then consider Skyline Rooftop Restaurant, Lounge, and Bar. It is magnificently seated on the rooftop of the new Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Park with an excellent view of the Pretoria Skyline.
Open to its clients are the Rooftop pool deck, Rooftop bar, Rooftop with a view towards the City, and Terrace with an awesome view. Its environment is lively, trendy, entertaining, and vibrant. Yet, it is food that would primarily bring you here. So in essence, even though you are only paying for your meal, you are getting your money’s worth through various other value-added services the restaurant has to treat you with.
Skyline is designed for your lunch, dinner and any occasion of your choice, be it big, small, name it, all to make your experience a welcoming one. Its menu is restructured to accommodate your taste, office parties, light business lunch, or just an evening hang-out, the pleasure is yours.
Chef Graham Langefeld, got you covered as he skillfully prepares all kinds of dishes to your taste and choice. Skyline Rooftop Restaurant, Lounge, and Bar has a wide range of menus, be it seafood, sauces, mixed grills, platter, steaks, flame-grilled burgers, etc., the chef will meet your nutritional requirements.
10. Rhapsody’s Centurion
- Address: Shop 5 Centurion Gate Corner John Vorster Drive & Akkerboom Street, Zwartkop Centurion, Pretoria, 0157, South Africa.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday 07:00 am – 02:00 am; Saturday 08:00 am – 02:00 am
- Star Rating: 4.1 of 5
- View: Elegant décor which is a blend of orange and creams with solid timbers, graphically designed of gold. Vibrant and stylish interiors
- Highlights: Creative modern cuisine with innovative cocktail service.
- Unique fact: Rhapsody’s chefs are world-class professionals and highly committed.
Have you ever spent the whole day thinking of dining outside your home in the best continental restaurant in the area? Then you should know that Rhapsody’s Centurion is indulging your senses. Feel the vibe of the restaurant, natural ambiance which is lively yet breathtaking, delicious and stylish yet relaxing. With a meal here, you get more than having your stomach filled as there is a lot to take in looking around the beautifully decorated restaurant.
Its elegant décor which is a blend of orange and creams with solid timbers and graphical designs made of gold singles it out as one of the best. Its vibrant and stylish interior will make your day a fulfilling one and it is also one of the criteria that stood it out as one of the best restaurants in Pretoria.
Rhapsody’s chefs are world-class professionals and highly committed. The services are excellent with competitive pricing and customer-friendly. A personal touch is what you seek as Rhapsody’s store has a strategic relationship with various suppliers, ordering high-quality products at affordable, market-friendly prices.
Book a table today, while you’re treated to a creative modern cuisine with innovative cocktails served at international standard. This is an experience you wouldn’t want to be told, it’s worth every penny and time!
11. Moonshot Cafe
- Address: Corporate Park, Menlyn, 175 Corobay Avenue, Waterkloof Glen Pretoria, 0081, South Africa.
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 07:30 am – 6:00 pm; Friday 07:30 am – 09:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday (closed).
- Star Rating: 4.5 of 5
- View: Gorgeous beauty and pleasant view
- Highlights: Categories of menu include; Breakfast & Grab, Weekly Harvest Menu, Lunch menu, etc.
- Unique fact: Moonshot Café is set to catapult its customers to the moon with tasty meals.
At Moonshot Café, all things are made ready just the way you want them. In fact, you would wonder how they knew the right flavor your taste buds respond to. The staff members have a way of exceeding your expectations even if it is the simplest of meals you have ordered as the team of chefs there are set to take you to the moon and beyond.
What makes Moonshot Café outstanding and one of the fanciest in Pretoria is not just its gorgeous view but the different menu that makes your stay a pleasant one. The different categories of the menu range from Breakfast & Grab, to Weekly Harvest menu, Go menu, and the Lunch menu. Some of the delicious dishes that keep you salivating for more include; harvest table chicken tomato, biltong, and blue cheese fettuccini, and basil pasta, just to mention a few. These are some of the things that qualify this place as one of the best restaurants in Pretoria.
12. Kream Restaurant
- Address: 283 Dey Street, Nieuw, Muckleneck Pretoria, 0181, South Africa.
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday- 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm; Sunday and Public Holidays- 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Star Rating: 4.6
- View: Artistically decorated surroundings with a view of Pretoria horizon.
- Highlights: Cuisine menu includes; Continental, International, Vegetarian, Traditional and Fine dining. Services are top-notch and flawless with a remarkable experience.
- Unique fact: Established in 2007 and has developed over the years as one of the trendiest in Pretoria.
Kream Restaurant has grown pretty fast to become one of the best restuarants in Pretoria. It was founded by Tufan Yerebakan in 2007 and has developed over the years to become one of the trendiest restaurants in Pretoria, with great reason. Its flawless service, top-notch cuisine with a remarkable experience, and mix of great locations make it the favorite of many in and out of Pretoria. Serving delicious modern dishes in an artistically decorated surrounding gives you a feeling that is beyond the horizon of Pretoria. Its cuisine menu includes; Continental, International, Traditional, Fine dining, and Vegetarian.
Walk into Kream restaurant and enjoy the beef fillet, giving you a tasty twist of roasted bone marrow, with exceptionally prepared fondant potato. Its grill options include lamb shank, pork belly (smoked), and sirloin steak, with a blue-cheese sauce to top it. You could also come for sushi, one of the finest offered in the capital city and well-priced yet worth every penny you pay.
Kream restaurant also called ‘Wolves of Brooklyn Bridge’ has a committed team to provide you the ultimate exceptional experience you deserve and value for your money. Its team is excellent in arranging private functions with your tailored menu. The private spaces are also available for lunch, dining, and in fact, the restaurant is opened for private hire.
There are ample spaces to park on the street and a secured lot across the road, just in case you don’t want to park within the restaurant’s vicinity. The restaurant offers you state-of-the-art equipment to make your meal there a memorable one. Indeed, you will have every reason to come back for another meal once you visit Kream Restuarant in Pretoria.
Recap of Fancy Restaurants in Pretoria
- De Kloof Restaurant
- The Blue Crane Restaurant & Bar
- Hemingway’s Restaurant
- Forti Grill and Bar
- Tin Roof Cafe
- La Pentola
- Pride of Indian Restaurant
- Skyline Rooftop Restaurant, Lounge, and Bar
- Rhapsody’s Centurion
- Moonshot Cafe
- Kream Restaurant