Video: Sales Of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Suspended After Battery Explosions


Just weeks after launching the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, the electronics company had to suspend sales of the smartphone.

Samsung has said on Friday that it would suspend sales of its new smartphone; Samsung Galaxy Note 7, following reports of exploding batteries. In addition, the company promised to award a replacement to anyone who has already acquired their latest smartphone.

Speaking for the world’s top maker of smartphones and ordinary mobile phones, Koh Dong-Jin confirmed the mishap.

See Also: Breaking: SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket Explodes In Florida Ahead Of Launch

“We have received several reports of battery explosion on the Note 7 that was officially launched on August 19; and it has been confirmed that it was a battery cell problem,” said Koh Dong-Jin.

Nevertheless, this does not look good for the reputation of the South Korean electronics giant. According to Samsung, the phone has already been launched in 10 countries. However, different companies are in charge of supplying the batteries which has reportedly been exploding during or after charging.

Meanwhile, Samsung has so far sold one million units of the Note 7 in different countries including South Korea; the US and others. In the meantime, 24 of them have been confirmed to have faulty batteries that are prone to explosion.

Koh expressed that he was “deeply sorry” over the unfortunate incident.

Shortly after the device hit the market last month, several users started complaining about the phone. Photos and videos flooded the social media, showing the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with part of its 5.7-inch touchscreen burnt and melted. Apparently, the smartphone has the ability to catch fire without prior warning.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

See Also: Construction Of World’s Biggest Floating Solar Power Plant Going On In Japan

August 29, YouTube user that goes under the name Ariel Gonzalez uploaded a video of the smartphone with burnt and damaged screen.

He explained that the handset “caught fire” shortly after he unplugged it from the official Samsung charger. This was less than two weeks after purchasing it.

Due to safety concerns, Samsung decided to suspend its shipments as well as delay further release scheduled this month. This is a difficult decision for the company. Moreover, only a few number of the phones have been reported damaged.

Like BuzzSouthAfrica: