Terry Pheto is a South African actress and producer, known for her roles in Tsotsi, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom and Catch a Fire, just to list a few.
About Terry Pheto
Moitheri (Terry) Pheto was born on the 11th of May 1981. She grew up in Soweto, where she was a member of a local theatre group.
After her debut role in Tsotsi, the road ahead for Pheto couldn’t get any better. The film Tsotsi also went on to win the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film.
Pheto was previously in a relationship with a South African Deejay (DJ Sbu), but they broke up a couple of years later after some negative publicity incidents by the DJ; which was said to have been creating a negative impact on her career.
The Bold And The Beautiful
The Bold and the Beautiful is an American soap opera created by William J. Bell and Lee Phillip Bell. Terry Pheto played the recurring role of “Dr Malaika Maponya”, a heart surgeon in The Bold and the Beautiful.
Terry Pheto’s TV Roles and Appearances
- She played the role of Miriam in Tsotsi | 2005
- Catch a Fire | 2006
- Goodbye Bafana | 2007
- Mafrika | 2008
- She played the role of Lerato in the SABC 1 drama series “Justice for All”
- She played the role of Pinky Khumba in Zone 14
- She played the role of Mbali in Jacob’s Cross
- She played the key role of Fikile in the SABC 2 mini-series Hopeville | 2009
- Guest judge on Class Act (Film Noir – episode) | 2010
- She played the role of Dr Malaika Maponya in The Bold and The Beautiful | 2011
- She was the subject of an episode of the Nicky Greenwall-hosted documentary series “The Close Up” | 2012
- She was a featured subject in the first episode of the second season of the SABC 1 reality series “Play Your Part” | 2012
- How to Steal 2 Million | 2012
- Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom | 2013
- Cuckold | 2015
- A United Kingdom | 2016
- Madiba | 2017
Terry Pheto’s Theatre Performances
- The Toilet – Directed by Bongani Linda
- The Devil’s Protest – Directed by Thulani Didi
- Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role | 2012
Terry Pheto’s Personal Interests
- Food, and;