Maps Maponyane is a South African media personality and a business entrepreneur.
About Maps Maponyane
Masego Maponyane was born on the 16th of March 1990 in Soweto, South Africa. His father was a South African football player by the name ‘Marks Maponyane’ and he has an older brother (Katlego Maponyane).
Maps personality is one that is loved by many, he is known to be a reputable man involved in positive activities.
Maps Professional Career
Maps is a very talented and bright young man; he’s a model, television presenter, actor, voice over artist, fashion designer, media socialite, creative consultant and an entrepreneur.
In 2009, while Maps took a year off school, he started attending modelling and acting auditions. He eventually got his first modelling campaign; while working as an assistant to Lucilla Booyzen (Founder of SA Fashion Week).
On the business side; Maps is currently a director in various SME’s such as: Tuta-me, GM & Ahrens, J.Laurence and Niche Stream.
Furthermore, He’s the brand ambassador for Investec Private Bank and the CEO of Mentorfeed.
Maps Maponyane Screen Roles And Appearances
- Supporting role on ‘Rockville’ | 2014
- He was a speaker at the ‘Tomorrow’s Leaders Convention’ | March 2015
- He starred in a lead role on ‘The real Jozi A-Listers’
- He starred in a lead role on ‘Tell Me Sweet Something’ | 2015
- He presented E! Entertainment’s ‘E! Beyond the Red Carpet’
Maps Maponyane Educational Background
- High School – St John’s College | 2008
- BA in Media Studies, French and English and International Human Rights – Wits University | 2010 – 2012
Maps Maponyane Awards and Recognitions
- GQ’s Best Dressed Men List (2011) and the youngest nominee.
- GQ’s Cool 35 Guys Under 35 (2013)
- Vuzu 10over10 #1 Most Stylish Man (2013)
- Vuzu 10over10 #1 Sexiest Man (2013 and 2015)
- Cosmo SA Sexiest Man (2013)
- Sowetan Mzanzi’s Sexiest Top 12 (2013)
- House and Leisure Rising Star (2013)
- SA Style Award – Most Stylish Model/Media Personality (2013)
- Joop! Homme Ambassador (2013/2014)
- YOU Magazine Most Stylish Male Nominee (2014)
- Feather Awards – Best Styled Male of the Year (2014)
- GQ Magazine Cover (March 2015)
- Fashion Times Weekly Cover (May 2015)
- Grazia Man Magazine Cover (June 2015)
- YOU Magazine YOU Spectacular Most Stylish Male Celeb (June 2015)
Maps Maponyane’s Personal Interests
- Sports: Soccer, Golf, Rugby, Swimming, Cycling, Running & Skateboarding.
- Public Speaking
- Current Affairs
- Drama & Cultural Arts