Just In: ANC Appoints New Spokesperson


The ruling party African National Congress (ANC) has unveiled Khusela Sangoni as its new National Communications Manager.

Sangoni  would replace Keith Khoza, who took up a position in the Gauteng provincial government.

The party’s new spokesperson would work closely with the ANC NEC’s sub-committee on communications and media-related policy.

ANC Expresses Confidence In Khusela Sangoni

According to the party, Sangoni was a “seasoned communicator with extensive experience in public and private sector communications and media relations.”

Read Also: ANC Has Officially Dismissed The State Capture Allegations Against Zuma

Speaking more in a statement, the ANC revealed that “Khusela Sangoni is a long-standing ANC member and has served in various capacities in structures of the ANC, the ANC Youth League and the ANC Women’s League. She is currently a member of the ANC Gauteng Provincial Executive Committee.”

Former spokesperson, Keith Khoza’s resignation took effect on March 1 so he could rejoin the public service in Gauteng.

The ruling party asserted at the time of his resignation that since comrade Keith joined the administrative corps of the ANC, he has been an invaluable part of the Department of Information and Publicity and the ANC at large, selflessly serving the movement and for this we thank him.”

“We are confident he will not be lost to the ANC communications machinery and we wish him nothing but the very best in his future,” the party said.

Keith was the second senior ANC official to resign after Chief Whip Stone Sizani had earlier resigned from Parliament that same week.

See Also: ANC Spokesperson Says Abstaining From Voting Will Not Solve Your Problems

Meanwhile, the ANC has officially dismissed the state ‘capture’ allegations against President Zuma. The alleged ‘capture’ made headlines for months in the country after it emerged that the Guptas have been heavily influencing the administration of government.

ANC Secretary-General, Gwede Mantashe opined that the decision follows the lack of evidence to fortify the state capture claims.

According to Mantashe, among the eight people who reported to his office with alleged reports of state capture, only one submitted a written report- which is apparently, not enough.

Like BuzzSouthAfrica: