iStore Walmer Park Loses R1.9m In Cellphones To Hoodlums

Advertisement

What a disappointing way to begin the year! Police have launched an investigation into a burglary incident that happened between Sunday night and Monday morning at iStore Walmer Park shopping centre.

The burglary was reportedly carried out by a gang, who made their way through the ceiling. The hoodlums were said to have carted away almost R2-million worth of the latest model Apple cellphones and gadgets.

Read Also: Police Saddened By Death Of Metro Cop Gunned Down By Hoodlums

Police told reporters the burglary at the Walmer Park Shopping Centre was well planned as the thieves had known exactly which panels to lift to get into a storeroom.

In a related story, Police Brigadier Motlafela Mojapelo has pleaded with members of the public to help bust Mark Scott-Crossley. Police say they want to question him in connection with an attack of a wildlife employee‚ Silence Mabunda‚ who was run over in a 4×4 vehicle in Hoedspruit last year.

“At first we thought it was a matter of hit and run but after gathering enough evidence we have realized that we dealing with an attempted murder case‚” Mojapelo said.



He appealed to members of the public who may come across Scott-Crossley to report his sighting to the nearest police station.

Though the police could not reveal the identity of the victim, the regional secretary for the ANC’s Bohlabela branch, Chauke, described the victim as a 37-year-old Silence Mabunda.

See Also: Nigeria And SA Police In Fresh Standoff Over The Death Of An Alleged Drug Lord

“We met with the family and they described to us what happened. The attacker told the victim that only white people were allowed to answer their phones, after smashing his phone to the ground.

“He left the restaurant and was followed by the same white man he’d had the altercation with. The man then knocked him down and ran him over with the car,” Chauke disclosed.

Topics: