Apparently, former SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng has accepted his demotion in good faith, vowing to deliver his best at the state broadcaster regardless of his position.
Speaking at the funeral service of kwaito legend Mandoza, Motsoeneng says that he does not need to be a COO in order to deliver at the South African Broadcasting Corporation.
Reports emerged earlier this week that embattled SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng will now report to work as an ordinary employee.
The Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) ruled to uphold the Western Cape High Court judgment earlier this year. The High Court ruled that his appointment as the COO of the public broadcaster was irrational and must be set aside.
This development was disclosed by Motsoeneng’s lawyer, Zola Majavu on Monday evening. The legal practitioner also told reporters that he has not received instructions from Motsoeneng to take the matter further to the Constitutional Court. However, Majavu said that he has advised Motsoeneg not to bother taking the case further.
Thus, former SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng reported for work as an ‘ordinary’ employee following the judgment. Nevertheless, he appears unfazed by the drastic change in his life.
“I have been given so many names, 90%, 90/10, the latest one that I have been observing is ‘Hlaudi is an ordinary employer (employee).
“Let me tell you, when I was born I was an ordinary Hlaudi and I am going to make sure that ordinary employer (employee) delivers because I don’t need to be COO to deliver. I’m going to deliver it doesn’t matter which position I occupy,” said Motsoeneng.
Motsoeneng also talked about the reason why he was ‘dismissed’;
“You know what is good about me? And I’m not boasting, when SABC dismissed me it was because I was empowering workers at the SABC. For the first time in the SABC those dramas and soapies, those people SABC were not paying them as workers. I’m the first person to say you can’t do this, these are workers,” said Motsoeneng.