After he was declared missing last Friday evening from his home located north of Durban, Former SABC boss Solly Mokoetle‚ has been found.
A member of the family confirmed the good news on Wednesday without shedding any light on the details of the incident.
“We are here at Mahatma Gandhi Hospital (in Phoenix)‚” said Mokoetle’s sister Agnes Sikali before passing the phone to another man.
“He’s alive but we can’t say anything now‚” said the man.
Apparently, the family is not yet ready to share any information or details of the event that led to the safe return of the former SABC boss, but the family reportedly found him in a hospital in KwaZulu-natal after he suffered a stroke.
— Navin Sewchunder (@Nav_Sew) June 22, 2016
Meanwhile, police spokesman Lieutenant-Colonel Shooz Magudulela claimed to have no knowledge of the latest news that Mokoetle had been found‚ adding that as far as he knew, the search for the missing man was still on.
Spokesman for the Department of Communications Mish Molakeng denied the rumours spreading on the social media that minister Faith Muthambi was to issue a statement on the whereabouts of Mokoetle.
59-year-old Mokoetle who is now an employee of the Department of Communications‚ went missing following a family outing on Friday when he took a walk outside the gate of the estate. He had last been spotted, leaving his home in the plush Mount Edgecombe complex.
A massive search was launched by the police following an alarm that was raised is wife‚ Zola Ntuli‚ who reportedly said that she had no idea where her husband had gone.
However, few days after he went missing, Solly Mokoetle’s wife, Zola Ntuli was relieved of her fears as she shouted “I found him, I found him!” on Wednesday morning. She added that she was relieved that the father of her four children was alive.