The popular Keeping Up with the Kardashians reality TV show has been suspended indefinitely as E! Entertainment (DStv 124) has stopped filming the family.
The drastic move was made after Kim Kardashian West was held at gunpoint and robbed in Paris.
Thus, fans and viewers won’t get to see the reaction of any of the Kardashian family members in the aftermath of the traumatic experience.
Within a space of a few days, one of the Kardashians, Kim had two different disturbing encounters.
Apart from running into a celebrity prankster who launched at her bum in an attempt to kiss it, Kim was also robbed at gunpoint.
The traumatic experience happened on Sunday evening when Kim Kardashian West was held up in her Paris hotel room by armed men.
The robbers entered the l’Hotel de Pourtalès, disguised as police and “bound and gagged” Kim. The TV star had to beg them to spare her life, telling them she had babies at home.
Reports have it that Kim was robbed of $10m jewelry, including a new engagement ring Kanye West gave her last month. Her smartphones were taken too. Thus, concerned, E! said in a statement says;
“Kim’s well-being is our core focus right now. No decision has been made as to when production will resume”.
As a result of Kim’s traumatic experience in Paris, the cameras focused on the family living their lives in the spotlight of fame have been turned off and production suspended indefinitely.
With the second half of the 12th season scheduled to return to E! Entertainment before the end of this year, we are not sure what to expect anymore. It’s not clear how the shutdown will affect the Kardashians reality TV show.